Open mornings are a wonderful opportunity to visit St Margaret’s and meet staff, pupils and other prospective parents. As it can be a busy morning here are some tips to get the most out of your visit:
· Arrive in plenty time. Doors will open at 10.00am and you will be guided down to our school hall to hear the Head’s welcome presentation. Miss Tomlinson’s address will give you an insight into the ethos and values at the school before your tour.
· Ask questions. A prospective parent can never ask enough questions! There are so many important things to consider when choosing the right school, so write down some of the things you would like to ask before the visit. When touring the school do not hesitate to ask questions as and when they crop up.
· Take a notebook. You will be hearing and seeing so much information about all the different areas of the school and there is a lot to take in. Taking notes to reflect on afterwards can be very useful.
· Consider your journey to school. How long is the journey and what public transport options are available? St Margaret’s School offers bus services for pupils travelling from Banchory and Inverurie, with scheduled stops along both routes to school picking up along the North Deeside Road and from Kintore, Blackburn and Kingswells.
· Chat to our prefects. Our prefects will give you a personal tour of the school and this is an opportunity to ask them about their experience and insights about school life at St Margaret’s.
· Look at the range of work on display. Keep an eye out for work on display in corridors as you move around school. This can give you a good idea of the topics and type of work that children are covering in class.
· Enquire about catering and lunchtimes. Ask staff about school lunches and how the school caters for pupils with any special dietary requirements.
· Outdoor spaces and play areas. All children, but especially younger children, need to burn off some energy after working hard in the classroom. At St Margaret’s, pupils benefit from a spacious, secure and pleasant outdoor playground in which to spend their break and lunchtimes. Take time to explore our playground.
· Enjoy refreshments at the end of your tour. We want you to make the most of your visit to St Margaret’s and refreshments will be provided together with ample time to chat to staff and any questions you may have.
· Ask to come back for another visit. Visiting at a different time can give you a different perspective depending on which day you visit and at what time. We would be happy to arrange another visit to answer any additional questions you may have about joining St Margaret’s.
Register now for our next open day at www.stmargaretsevents.com